Sunday, January 24, 2016

Homemade Almond Milk

I have seen so many posts about homemade Almond Milk and I have even browsed Pinterest and pinned many pins to remind myself to try it someday. Well that day came today. Actually, it started last night when I was making my grocery list and planning out meals for the week. I had almond milk on my list and remembered I had a big thing of raw almonds sitting in my cupboard. 24 hours later… I have some delicious, creamy, fresh almond milk.
I will never buy it again!

It is so easy and so delicious!
So here is what you need:
1 cup raw almonds
4 cups water
Cheese cloth
Vanilla or dates to sweeten if you wish.

Start by soaking 1 cup of almonds in 4 cups of water for 24 hours

Then drain your almonds and rinse them well. Place them in a blender with 4 cups of filtered water and blend on high.
Place your cheese cloth over a big bowl or a mason jar and pour the milk slowly. To get all the milk out you will have to give it a little squeeze once in a while. You will be left with a lot of pulp that you can just toss out or save to use in your oatmeal, smoothies yogurt, cookies or whatever you want :)





It is so good you guys! You can get as creative as you want with making this. Adding vanilla bean, cinnamon, dates, sea salt. Whatever you feel like experimenting with. I will be adding some dates to my next batch! We drink a lot of almond milk around here. I use it in oatmeal, in my shakes, to drink plain or I add a little splash in my coffee mornings. 

You can google or check Pinterest for lots of different ways to make almond milk too! 








No comments:

Post a Comment